Faudzil @ Ajak

Faudzil @ Ajak
Always think how to do things differently. - Faudzil Harun@Ajak

15 December 2013

MIRACLE STORIES - Angels Disguised As Nurses







Angels Disguised As Nurses


by miracles on Apr.04, 2006, under Angel Miracle Stories, Healing Miracles Stories
I am sending you a picture of a billboard that St Joseph’s Medical Center put up of me in San Joaquin County.  They are in the Stockton, Lodi, Tracy, Modesto and Manteca communities.  I am in my 38th year of teaching World History and coaching football and softball at Linden High School.
On January 16, 2003, I had the most dynamic experience of my life.  On January 13th, 2003 I suffered a heart attack after softball practice.  I was taken to St Joseph’s Medical Center by Ambulance.  A stint was placed in my heart and I was taken to the Cardiac Intensive Care Unit where a nurse weighed me at 360 lbs.
Three mornings later, January 16, I suffered a major heart attack, the nurses who responded saved my life.  Another stint was put in my heart. I was told I need to lose weight or die.  Over the next 8 months, through dieting and exercise I lost 170 lbs, had two more stints, failed 4 cardiolite stress tests, and finally in August of 2003, after my 5th failed stress test, my cardiologist told me I needed open heart surgery.
I told the doctor that we were a week into football, and that school was about to start, that this wasn’t a good time.  He told me that actually this was the best time, for without surgery, I didn’t have much time left at all.
I had a triple by-pass open heart surgery on August 26th, and when I woke up, I could tell my world had changed for the better.  I was back on the field coaching football 6 days later.  I now run 3-4 miles a day, my shirt size has gone from a size XXXL to a size L, my waist from a size 46 to a size 32.
My softball team went 26-4 in 2004, I was selected as the California State High School Softball ‘Coach of the Year’, and in 2005 the team went 29-0, and we were the California State Division IV Softball Champions.
My two granddaughters have been born since my heart attacks, I raised $10,000 for the American Heart Association’s Heartwalk, I was selected as the San Joaquin County AHA ‘Volunteer of the Year’ in 2005.  I spoke at the Food 4 Less Pro Am Golf tournament, and at the St Joseph’s Medical Center/AHA ‘Affair of the Heart’s Silent Auction.  We raised over $90,000 that evening.
I had 6 youngsters speak at our first football game this last September.  All are heart patients.  One of the youngsters, a 10 year old girl needed a heart.  She received her heart on Thanksgiving Day this past year.  I speak to heart patients every Saturday morning at St Joseph’s Medical Center.  There is a huge need to get the message across that a bend in the road is not always the end of the road.  In my case, it was the beginning of a whole new life.  I honestly believe that during my second heart attack, the people who responded to my call were actually angels disguised as nurses.
Life is Good.  Miracles do indeed happen.
This miracle story submitted by “M.M.” from California

No comments: