Faudzil @ Ajak

Faudzil @ Ajak
Always think how to do things differently. - Faudzil Harun@Ajak

16 April 2013

SINGAPORE - Once Upon A Time

By Faudzil Harun - Trans Management Consultants (TMC)






I was born in 1964 at Kandang Kerbau Hospital, Singapore. I stayed at 108, Onan Road Singapore 15.Geylang Serai has been my world. 

Onan Road, Carpmael Road, Ceylon Road, Haig Road, Koon Seng Road, Joo Chiat Road has been my playground. I studied at Haig Boy's School.

I used to buy prata at the Onan Road junction, having hair cut at the barber shop beside the Galaxy Cinema, enjoying the famous triangle curry puff at the bakery shop behind Masjid Khalid. 
I studied at Haig Boy's School (1971 - 1975)

Today, Singapore is a Metropilitan catching up with the changes and progress of the globe. I went to Singapore recently and stood silent watching the streets and trying to recall my childhood memories.

This page is specially to recall my memories of Singapopre especially in the 60's and 70's.



Singapore Map in 1868

District of Geylang


Kandang Kerbau Hospital


Haig Boy's School, Jalan Gajus, Singapore


Malay Village at Telok Blangah, circa 1912

Attap houses, such as these, often had no running water in the 1950s

Changi market stood where the present Joo Chiat Complex is

Victory Theatre at Happy World 1940's

Kampung Bugis 1900


Bussorah Street 1983


Bussorah Street 1965


Roxy Theatre, East Coast Road 1960's


Bussorah Street 1972


Capitol Theatre 1965


Cathay Cinema 1940's


Changi Cinema 1972


Diamond Theatre, North Bridge Road 1976


Globe Cinema at Great World 1960's


Joo Chiat Road 1968


Jubilee Theatre 1950


Sultan Theatre



Queenstown Cinema
















Change Alley 1976


Changi Village


Geylang Serai 1968


Geylang Serai 1972








































Kampung Sembawang 1967


Keramat Habib Noh


King's Theatre, Tiong Bahru 1955





























Pulau Brani 1968






Pulau Ubin












My Recent Visit to Singapore
(with my Wife and Daughter)

















































Good Bye!! Singapore,
Always in My Heart