Faudzil @ Ajak

Faudzil @ Ajak
Always think how to do things differently. - Faudzil Harun@Ajak

25 November 2013

PEOPLE - Toxic People Never Admit They Are Wrong







Toxic people never admit they are wrong

Share Your Story: Toxicity in Yourself or Others

By Debbie



Who is/are the toxic people in your life? Or is it you? 

I think it's both, but what's sad is when I try to be positive ... I allow these toxic people to take me down and then because of my mood disorder, I can overreact in response and look like the bad guy. I have had my fair share of interaction with those who are never wrong or hardly ever admit it.

Your diagnosis or that of the toxic person is: 

Bipolar II

Describe the toxic behavior: 

Overly critical and nagging, never wrong, never apologize.


What's the effect of this toxic behavior?

Makes me behave badly out of frustration and inability to cope properly, when my attempts to have an adult conversation are constantly responded to as though my opinion, feelings and experiences have no merit. Since I don't get a chance to resolve these matters in appropriate way, the frustration builds until I blow-up at the person or even possibly some innocent person who is the target at the time. One person even said, I train people to talk down and demean me by being self-deprecating or even too nice. So I definitely need to change this behavior.

Lessons Learned

  • Meds are helping regulate moods, but also am seeking better coping mechanisms when feeling overwhelmed and frustrated.
  • Learning not to put myself down or apologize, if I was not wrong.
  • Learning to be more assertive to avoid inappropriate anger

Who is/are the toxic people in your life? Or is it you?

My entire family and all of my current "friends"; my roommate in my ALF.

Your diagnosis or that of the toxic person is: 

Bipolar Disorder, schizoaffective disorder, PTSD-OCD, eating disorder

Describe the toxic behavior: 

Hurtful draining and vicious vampire like draining negative energy, mimicking by my roommate with an entire disregard for me - she also is Bipolar-Schizophrenic.

What's the effect of this toxic behavior? 

I'm striving to arrest my eating disorder and other OCD compulsions with support groups and professional counseling. Those all around me are so vicious and toxic that I am planning to go to an out of state treatment facility for help and support. There's no geographic cure for my own self-toxicity - but I need some space and professional help I believe on an intensive level or I may eat myself into my grave, and I am only 58. Too young to go into a coffin myself.

Lessons Learned 

My coping skills have been to cut the toxic people out of my life and move toward intensive treatment to change my own self-toxicity.
Source: About.com

No comments: