Vitamins for Hair Loss in Men
- Hair loss occurs due to an inadequate diet, dietary deficiencies. Vitamin B complex, biotin, inositol and folic acid; vitamin C and vitamin E are important for good hair growth.
- Men who are deficient in vitamin B6 lose hair. When there is a folic acid deficiency, men tend to become completely bald.
- On the other hand, taking huge doses of vitamin A for a prolonged period, triggers hair fall. Essential fatty acids improve hair texture and check dry, brittle hair.
Vitamins for Hair Growth for Men
- B vitamins are necessary for healthy and luxuriant hair.
- Beans, legumes, whole cereals, peas, cauliflower, soy, nutritional yeast, bran, and nuts are rich sourses of vitamin B.
- Biotin is essential for hair health. Biotin is known to prevent hair loss in men.
- Food sources of biotin include: brown rice, nuts, especially walnuts and almonds, brewer’s yeast, bulgur, lentils and legumes, green peas, oats, soy, and sunflower seeds. Biotin supplements are also recommended by hair care experts, to boost hair growth and stimulate follicular health. 50 mg 3 times daily is advocated.
- Inositol in a dosage of 100 mg twice a day helps hair growth tremendously.
It halts hair loss, promotes scalp health and stimulates dormant follicles.
- Vitamin C improves scalp circulation and gives sheen to the hair. Rich sources are: cherries, berries, limes, oranges, sweet limes, capsicum, papaya, etc.
- Vitamin E enhances the oxygen uptake, which boost circulation to the scalp. It supports hair growth. 400 IU daily is recommended, gradually, increasing to 800-1,000 IU per day.