Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) Prevention Measures:
Preventing the occurrence of UTI or urinary tract infection can be done with a change of your personal hygiene habits. For women, it involves practicing to wipe your private parts front to back and not the other way around. You should also practice washing your private parts after sexual intercourse as well. Here are a few more tips on how to avoid urinary tract infections:
- Try to urinate immediately whenever you feel like urinating. Holding in your urine even when you really need to urinate can cause bacteria in the urine to multiply instead of getting flushed out.
- This can cause you more serious urinary tract infections and problems.
- If you or your partner are in a monogamous relationship and neither one of you has UTI, it would be best to keep it that way. Experimenting with different sex partners and not knowing your partner’s history can give you UTI, among other possible things.
- Drink a lot of water and fluids to help keep your bladder and your urinary tract clean.
- Constantly flushing out your bladders can ensure that the bacteria that was supposed to have been there and supposed to have been multiplying is flushed out with your constant urination.