Faudzil @ Ajak

Faudzil @ Ajak
Always think how to do things differently. - Faudzil Harun@Ajak

29 December 2014

HEALTH - Clicking joints




Clicking joints


Question

For about eight years, although it is hard to tell exactly how long, every joint in my body clicks.
There is no pain associated with it but it is quite loud.
I notice it most first thing in the morning or after I have been still for a period of time.
I feel the stiffness within the joint and this is relieved by the click.
I have always been very active so I can understand it except for the fact that it is every single joint from my jaw to my toes.
Is there a condition that causes this?
Is there anything I can do to increase the lubrication in my joints?
I am still very active and exercise regularly.

Answer

Your concern over this symptom is understandable. However, clicking joints are not a cause for concern.
The clicking is caused by relatively lax joint capsules, that allows more than a usual amount of movement.
Although it is not a bad thing, the fact that you are physically active may tend to make this condition more obvious.
The problem is not caused by a lack of lubrication in the joints and even if it were there is no way that joint lubrication can be modified.
Although the condition is common and harmless the idea of actively trying to produce the clicking to relieve the morning stiffness is a little worrying.
Still the best advice would be to remain physically active and continue to exercise.
It is likely that the problem will gradually settle with time and should not be a cause for concern.
Yours sincerely
The NetDoctor Medical Team

Source: http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/ate/musclesjoints/202755.html



No comments: